INTERESTED IN KEEPING A FEW CHOOKS
BUT DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START???
JOIN THE LANGSHAN CLUB OF VICTORIA
EVERYONE WELCOME !
- Information about the two Langshan breeds, their wonderful nature and excellent egg laying abilities. They are one of a very few breeds that lay through winter.
- Receive friendly advice on how to start your new hobby including the number of birds required for you to start, what to feed them and chicken houses.
- Advice on where to buy your Langshans.
- Receive a Breeders Directory each year which lists Langshan Breeders in your area who you can contact for new birds.
- You will receive four newsletters per year which keep you up to date with what is happening in the Club, poultry events, poultry information, chicken health and wellbeing issues, member profiles and much more.
- Advice on where to purchase your show birds (they cost the same to feed but will give you as an individual or as a family, an interest). By keeping chooks, it gives young people a focus, and is a fascinating interest.
- Owning a Langshan, depending on your situation, whether it be Large Langshans or the smaller Bantams, you will help keep the genes going of the Langshan breeds of poultry. (There are only four recognised Australian Breeds of poultry! – the Australian Langshan being one of them). Lets help to preserve this wonderful breed for future generations.
- Owning a Langshan puts a smile on everyone’s face.
To become a member: (Download the membership form from the membership page)
Family $20 (two adults and children)
Junior $10 (Under 16 years of age)
For information phone:
Deb Sigmund (03) 5169 6705
Brett Batcheldor 0409 971 208
Elizabeth Montgomerie 0407 298 552